The average household trash may contain as much as 40% reclaimable items. South Carolinians land-fill over 3 million tons of trash or 4.2 pounds per person per day! Remember that recycling helps to save natural resources, conserves energy, and saves money! Every ton of recycling saves $16 in landfill fees. Make recycling a habit. It's just one of the many ways we can ensure the quality of life in Simpsonville for many years to come.
Curb-side Recycling Program
Curbside recycling collection in now available!
Curbside recycling will be collected each week on your regular garbage collection day except on holidays. See the Trash Pickup Tab for holiday schedule.
- To participate in our curb-side recycling program you must register.
- In Person--register and pay the registration fee at City Hall
- By Mail--complete the on-line REGISTRATION FORM and either hand deliver it to City Hall or mail it to: The City of Simpsonville, 118 N.E. Main Street, Simpsonville, SC 29681, along with your registration fee (note: payments mailed with the form must be made by check made payable to The City of Simpsonville).
- The one-time registration fee is $25.
- Those who register will be provided a free 96 gallon green recycling roll cart.
- Roll cart can only to be used for recycling.
- The roll cart will belong to you.
- The roll cart has a 10 year warranty. If it becomes damaged due to a material defect or workmanship, the roll cart can be repaired or replaced at no charge. There will be a $75 charge for a replacement roll cart for any other reason. Call Public Works at 967-9531 for repairs or warranty information.
- To assist us in the collection of your recylables, please position your roll cart so that it is at least 5' from other carts, 10' from vehicles, and 5' from mailboxes. Do not pack your roll cart so tightly that items cannot fall freely from it.
|ITEMS ACCEPTED||NOT ACCEPTED||
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MEET OUR GOAL OF 1,000 PARTICIPANTS!
We now have more than 1274 participants!
These items are banned from the County Landfill and must be recycled. Banned items include:
- desktop or notebook computers,
- computor monitors,
- printing devices
- computer peripheral devices
- televisions (any technology)
- fax machines
- Home and Office Phones
- Cell Phones
- Consumer Electronics
The City no longer provides curbside collection of most electronic scrap items listed above. These items must be dropped off at the Public Works facility at 110 Woodside Park Drive or at a proper electronic scrap disposal facility. You can drop off electronic scrap at Public Works M-F, 7:30am - 4:00pm, except on Holidays (see Holiday Schedule under Trash Pickup). Residential electronic scrap may also be dropped off at any of the Greenville County recycling centers. They are open Tuesday - Saturdays, from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. Commercial e-scrap can be taken to the Twin Chimneys Landfill. See the County link below.
Exception: Televisions greater than 50" diagonal screen size or large console cabinet televisions may be picked up by the City at curbside by appointment only. Contact Public Works at 967-9531 to schedule pickup of these items.
PLEASE NOTE: These electronics MAY NOT be taken apart for the purpose of recycling except by certified recyclers!
Items Unacceptable for for E-Scrap Drop Off:
- Smoke Alarms and detectors
- Fire Alarms and detectors
- Large Appliances (i.e. refrigerators, stoves, washer/dryer)
These items will continue to be collected curbside by our junk truck.
See the links below for more information on how you can properly dispose of your electronic scrap.
USED RECHARGABLE BATTERIS AND CELLPHONE RECYCLING
We accept used rechargable batteries and cellphones for recyclilng.
- Bring them to the Public Works Office at 110 Woodside Park Drive, Simpsonville
- We can accept these batteries:
- Rechargeable batteries each weighing less than 11 lbs
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Small sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb)
- Cellphones (and their batteries) - regardless of size, make, model or age
- Batteries NOT ACCEPTED: non-rechargeable or wet-cell